Delaware Goes to College Academy
Program helps high-achieving students enroll and thrive in college.
Applications are being accepted for the summer intensives. Deadline is March 9, 2018. Apply here.
The Delaware Goes to College Academy, a joint initiative between TeenSHARP and the Delaware Department of Education, helps students enroll in four-year colleges that are a good academic and financial fit for them.
Selected scholars receive free high-quality college admissions consulting through annual in-person summer intensives followed by virtual support throughout the school year.
If you are a high-achieving student, the Delaware Goes to College Academy can support you as you:
- Select rigorous high school courses to prepare for college
- Grow as a student leader in your community
- Navigate the college application process, from visiting campuses and writing essays to negotiating financial aid
- Meet peer role models who candidly share their college application experiences
You’ll have access to highly qualified college advisors who will respond to your questions within 24 hours.
All the expenses for this program are paid for through funding by the Delaware Department of Education, TeenSHARP, the Arsht-Cannon Fund, and Capital One.
What are the eligibility guidelines?
Delaware Goes to College Academy scholars are juniors and seniors who are attending Delaware high schools. This program is designed for students of all racial/ethnic backgrounds. Students must meet the GPA requirement of 3.0 or higher. Strong preference is given to students from low-income families.
What will I do during my summer intensive?
Scholars attend a three-day (Thursday through Saturday) summer intensive offered in their county of residence. During the intensive, you will:
- Learn about the college admission and financial aid process
- Assess your academic performance, coursework rigor, leadership and service skills
- Design a personalized plan to address your gaps
You’ll have an opportunity to meet with representatives of numerous in-state and out-of-state colleges. Parents and/or guardians are invited to attend the Saturday sessions to learn about college admission and college funding options.
After the summer intensive and through the following school year, you will continue to receive support through online mentoring and communication with college advisors via email and phone.
Where and when are the summer intensives?
Dates are tentative and will be confirmed in the coming weeks.
- Sussex County: June 14-16, 2018, at Delaware Technical and Community College
- Kent County: June 21-23, 2018, at Delaware State University
- New Castle County: June 28-30, 2018, at University of Delaware
All sessions run from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Thursday through Saturday.
What is TeenSHARP?
TeenSHARP catapults exceptional youth into their futures as powerful leaders while preparing them to attend and thrive at our nation’s top colleges. TeenSHARP opened its Delaware site in 2015, and has worked with hundreds of youths to help them gain admission to selective colleges that are good academic and financial fits for each student.
The Delaware Goes to College Academy is open to students of all racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Need more information?
If you have any questions, your school counselors can provide more information. You may also contact Tatiana Poladko at email@example.com.