For Parents: What is the SSP?
Students across Delaware are required to complete a Student Success Plan (SSP). The Career Cruising SSP Tool is designed to help students bring together their academic achievements, extracurricular experiences, and career and education exploration activities. This enables the student, parents or guardians, teachers, and counselors to work together to develop a course of study that meets the student’s needs and goals.
The Students SSP Tools allow students to:
- Record their career, education, and life goals
- Bookmark careers and schools that interest them
- Record their thoughts about the careers and schools that they have saved
- Explore the National 16 Career Clusters and track the clusters that interest them
- Store their results from standardized tests and assessments, including Career Matchmaker
- Keep track of their career and educational exploration activities
- Record their extracurricular activities, hobbies, and interests
- Document their community services and work experience
- Develop their four-year high school education plan
- List awards, certificates, and recognitions they have received
- Document support services and programs they have participated in
- Upload related files, such as essays, scanned artwork, and letters of reference
- Create personalized, professional-looking resumes
The Parent/Guardian SSP Tool allows parents to:
- View the work your child has entered in his or her SSP
- Learn more about the careers and schools that are of interest to your child
- Record your thoughts and comments about your child’s success plan
- Email your comments to your child’s advisors
To log in to the Parent SSP Tool, go to www.careercruising.com/Parent and enter your parent/guardian username and password.
Please contact your child’s career advisor for your Parent/Guardian SSP Tool login information.